Agenda for Monthly Progressive Business Meeting
24 Mill St., Newark, OH
Subject to Change
- Introduction (5 Mins. 7:00-7:05)
- Summer of Labor (5 Mins. 7:05-7:10)
- City-Based Activism (5 Mins. 7:10-7:15)
- Working Families First (5 Mins. 7:15-7:20)
- Midterms (5 Mins. 7:20-7:25)
- Open Discussion (If Desired) (95 Mins. 7:25-9:00)
- Adjourn (9:00)
Minutes for Progressive Meeting
- We discussed plans for Democracy Day: noted that there have been some trouble getting word out through the newspaper but will try to get something on the community bulletin board via the website and try to get a letter to the editor in by the Sunday prior, planning on having pizza, ice, glasses/cups, water, and soft drinks, will look at the major issue of the day (Supreme Court nomination) and how the increasingly partisan process surrounding such came to be partisan through the influence of money in politics, possibly planning to swing by Council meeting as a group, including some postcards from Working Families First, promoting the notion that this is a call to organize and that the solution to labor’s problems is a global labor movement, and celebrating the power of democracy.
- We highlighted the importance of helping Working Families First gain momentum as the effort has not had enough help getting the word out.
- We briefly discussed the upcoming introduction of live-streaming our meetings to through the Licking County Progressives facebook page with the help/acquisition of a tablet.
- Finally, it was noted that the Freedom School of Licking County will begin the 2018-2019 film series season with a theme centered on labor.